Hello friends! Happy New Year! I have not blogged in awhile (obv), as always the New year made me re-evaluate my life and so here we are again blogging. Talking about the New Year (New me lol), I have made it a point to reduce the amount of excess makeup I have in my kit and focus more on keeping the basics. Also it is time to clean out those grimy makeup bags goodness knows how much bacteria is sitting in there. If you are ready for New year New makeup kit, these are my picks on the things you actually need in your kit.
- Makeup Bag – First, we need a cute case to store the makeup. This one from SO Aesthetics comes in 3 sizes small, medium and large. It has a velvet like finish on the inside and a handle to pick up. I use the small size for my lipsticks and lipglosses, the medium for brushes and the large for all my makeup. The small size retails for 30 cedis, medium is 60 cedis , large is 90 and the set retails for 180. link
2. Foundation – Whether you prefer High end, midrange or drugstore brands your everyday foundation should be able to withstand at least 12 hr wear. The finish of matte or dewy also depends on your preference. One of my favorite everyday foundation is from Maybelline. Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Foundation retails for 65 cedis from Jumia Ghana Direct link
3. Primer – It sets the base for your foundation to make your skin even and set it for a smooth foundation application. The Maybelline Baby skin instant pore eraser retails for 55 Cedis on Jumia Ghana Direct link and the Maybelline Super stay primer retails for 53 cedis Direct Link
4. Concealer– A concealer fills out your under eye and adds dimension to your face, you can also use it to highlight your brows and conceal any noticeable dark marks. I do not really consider concealer an essential for everyday because not everyone needs it, however its good to have it handy. The Fit Me concealer has a medium buildable coverage 51 Cedis link and the Instant anti age eraser concealer is a full coverage concealer retails 55 Cedis on Jumia Ghana Direct link
5. Setting/ Pressed Powders – For every cream, or liquid makeup product you use on your face you need to set it to stay in place with either a loose setting powder or pressed powder. Pressed powders are more handy to carry around because it’s less messy. Maybelline Fit me pressed powder retails for 65 Cedis on Jumia Ghana Direct link
6. Blush– Blush adds dimension and colour to your face, tones that look good on dark skin tones are rose gold and orange. A good one to have is from So Aesthetics the Rose Gold Baked blush for 80 cedis link it is very similar to the Nars Taos blush.
7. Eyebrow Pencil – If you have a micro-bladed brow or a naturally full brow or even a tinted brow this may not be an essential. However for sparse brows you’ll need a good dark brown pencil to fill in your brows. The maybelline Brow satin retails for 51 cedis link
8. Mascara – For long wispy lashes and to add depth of color to lashes I go for mascaras that add volume and length. I usually get drugstore mascaras because I go through them very quickly. Some of my favorites are from Maybelline. The falsies push up angel retails for 50 cedis direct link
9. Lipgloss/Lipstick – A staple in every woman’s is a a good nude lipstick, you definitely do no want to get the wrong shade of nude so keep trying until you find the perfect one. My favorite nude lipstick is from SO Aesthetics 80 cedis link and I top it up with The Twinkle lipgloss 65 cedis link . Switch up for a red lipstick the Maybelline ‘Make it happen’ lipstick is a shade of red mixed with purple it’s a stunning shade which looks good on dark skin it retails for 55 cedis on Jumia link.
10. Brushes and blending sponge – A sponge or a brush makes application so much quicker and precise and you keep your fingers from getting stained. The 3 main brushes you need on the go are a foundation, powder and blush brushes. My favorite blending sponge which hasn’t broken up yet after several uses is the SO Aesthetics flawless sponge 25 cedis link for brushes definitely check out CVL Beauty, Colorbox Cosmetics and Evita Joseph
Earrings: Monies Official via @vivaboutique